We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem. We deal with any complaints promptly, fairly, and free of charge.
Our complaints procedure
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you remain unsatisfied, please contact Hakan Doganci, a Solicitor and Director of the firm. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint, where necessary asking you to confirm or explain the details. You can expect to receive our letter within 3 working days of receiving your complaint.
- Hakan Doganci will conduct a thorough investigation, which will normally involve examining your file and speaking with the person in the firm who acted for you. He will do this within 10 working days.
- If your complaint is about Mr Doganci or the way in which he has conducted your matter, you can ask for an independent review of your case by an external consultancy. This is at no charge to you, but you must consent to the disclosure of your personal information to that consultancy. The consultancy will undertake not to use your personal information to anyone and only to use it for the purpose of investigating your complaint. The consultancy will report to this firm and to you on its independent findings.
- If you would like to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint with Mr. Doganci following his investigation or an external investigation, we will arrange a telephone or video call within 3 working days of your request. Within 2 working days of speaking with you Mr. Doganci will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not wish to speak with Mr. Doganci, he will send you a detailed written response to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter.
- At this stage, if you remain dissatisfied, you can let us know. We will arrange for the firm’s external complaints consultant to review the decision. This process is likely to take 10 days.
- We will let you know the result of this review within 2 working days of its conclusion. At this stage Mr. Doganci will write to you confirming the firm’s final position on your complaint (taking into account the external consultant’s report).
What to do if we have not been able to resolve your complaint
If you are still not satisfied with the firm’s decision at the conclusion of the complaint’s procedure:
a. You may refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint, and
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, you can contact them by:
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Post: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
b. We will write to you with details of an alternative dispute resolution approved body which would be competent to deal with the complaint, and we will advise you whether we agree to use the scheme operated by that body.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can also help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. You can raise your concerns directly with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Director and Compliance Office for Legal Practice
Frei Solicitors Limited